26 Feb Baptism Service
Water Baptism Service, March 11th,10:30 am
Are you interested in being baptized? Read on, and if you feel the time is right for you, you can register below.
What is Baptism?
Baptism is a public, symbolic representation of a believer’s salvation. God wants new believers to undergo baptism to publicly declare their faith in the Son, Jesus Christ. Just as Christ died, was buried, and was resurrected, a believer’s old life has died, they are buried (immersed in the water), and are resurrected (risen from the water).
1 Corinthians 12:13, 1 Peter 3:21, Acts 10:48, Acts 22:16, Colossians 2:12; Romans 6: 1-18
Are you ready?
Once a person admits that he/she is a sinner and turns to Christ for salavation, the Bible says that the world needs to know. Baptism is that public declaration that a person makes to show that he/she has been changed from a “seeker” into a BELIEVER!*
*A believer is someone who knows that their sin has separated him/her from God. He/She realizes that it is not good works that will bridge that gap, but the salvation offered by God’s son, Jesus Christ’s, death on the cross and Resurrection three days later.
Commonly Asked Questions…
- Why do I need to be baptized?
Because, baptism is a public confession of your faith. It shows that you are serious about serving God.
- When should I get baptized?
ASAP. Don’t procrastinate when it comes to obeying God.
- Can I have my infant Baptized?
Baptism is for those who have made a personal decision to trust Christ alone for their salvation. We encourage parents to instead dedicate their child to the Lord. This practice is known as “Baby Dedication.”
- Immersion or Sprinkling?
We practice immersion baptism. Baptism comes from the Greek word “baptize” which means “to immerse”. (We have baptized small children who cannot swim, adults with disabilities or those with a fear of water. If one of these or something else is your concern, talk to us. It will be ok, we have not lost one yet.)
1. If you do not recieve an email with baptism instructions by Wednesday, March 7th, please contact the church office ASAP.
2. Plan to meet with a pastor on Sunday, August 13th in the morning before the 10:30am service. Specific location and time will be provided in the instructional email.
3. Questions? Concerns? Please contact Sauntia Puckett at [email protected] or by phone 281-446-7215 x122.
4. Services at Humble First Assembly of God may be livecast on facebook at humblefirst (your out of town family and friends can watch). If you prefer that you are not on this livecast, please let us know. A different day/time may be scheduled for your baptism.